Calling all turn-based strategy fans!
2k Games / Firaxis has announced that the PC-exclusive XCOM 2 is currently in development scheduled to be released in November 2015!
The game is set in the near-future in scenario whereby humanity has lost the war against the aliens and is living under a government known as Advent.
This is a new twist on the series whereby it looks like you will be on the back-foot from the beginning, using a mobile ‘Avenger’ base (which happens to be the ultimate craft you were able to build in the original UFO: Enemy Unknown) waging a Guerrilla-warfare style rebellion whilst trying the uncover the plot behind the new alien occupiers who claim to ‘working with humanity for a brighter future’ (yeah right!).
The IGN webpage here mentions several interesting features as follows:
- Four of the five new soldier classes
- New enemies: Evolved Sectoids, snake-lady Vipers, and Advent soldiers
- Stealth-infused tactics, including using cover for concealment and looting fallen enemies and allies
- A mobile base: a flying aircraft carrier called the Avenger
- Procedurally generated maps and the technology that powers them
- Mod support, including official mod tools and Steam Workshop integration
- One-on-one multiplayer
Latest posts by TerminatorUK (see all)
- Tyranids Hive Fleet Dragur (Black and White Tyranids) – Progress Update October 2020 | Ragequitters.co.uk - 8th October 2020
- Tyranids Hive Fleet Dragur Genestealers (Black and White Tyranids) | Ragequitters.co.uk - 8th October 2020
- Tyranids Hive Fleet Dragur Termagants (Black and White Tyranids) | Ragequitters.co.uk - 8th October 2020