“Every gaming mouse should have a tail” – internet forums since forever.
As gamers, this is one of our gaming 10 commandments; though shalt use a wired gaming mouse for the lowest latency possible….right?
Razer returns once again to challenge the very foundation and concept of what a ‘good’ gaming mouse is – introducing the Razer Lancehead.
The Razer Lancehead is a hybrid wired / wireless mouse which is designed to be indistinguishable in terms of performance no matter which mode you use it in.
Featuring the same 16,000 DPI / 5G lazer sensor featured in recent Razer mice (such as the Razer Diamondback) you can expect a very high performance and precise gaming experience right out of the gates.
Strangely, the mouse is marketed heavily as a wireless device on its product page on Razer’s official site here with the wired capability being dubbed as a ‘braided USB charging cable’.
However, rest assured, the device can be used in wired or wireless modes so there is zero downtime in the event of a drained battery.
Let’s quickly review the specifications:
- True 16,000 DPI 5G laser sensor
- Up to 210 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration
- Adaptive Frequency Technology
- Razer™ Mechanical Mouse Switches
- On-The-Fly Sensitivity Adjustment
- Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel
- Ambidextrous design with enhanced rubber side grips
- Razer Chroma™ lighting with true 16.8 million customizable color options
- Inter-device color synchronization
- Nine independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
- 2.4 GHz dongle
- Razer Synapse 3 (Beta) enabled (Coming soon)
- 2.1 m / 7 ft braided fiber USB charging cable
- Approximate size: 117 mm / 4.6 in (Length) x 71 mm / 2.79 in (Width) x 38 mm / 1.49 in (Height)
- Approximate weight: 111 g / 0.24 lbs (Excluding cable)
- Battery life: Approximately 24 hours (with lighting) (Life expectancy of the battery depends on its usage settings)
Right off the bat we can see Razer has cleverly engineered the device to be as lightweight as possible – being a shade over 100g is a quite an achievement considering it has an internal battery with a quoted 24hr lifespan and the necessary on-board wireless transmitter.
The device is also the one the first (along with the Razer DeathAdder Elite) to feature the new Razer mechanical mouse switch. Manufactured in conjunction with Omron, the high-performance switch is rated for the 50 million clicks.
Wired or wireless, good battery life, mechanical switches, 9 programmable buttons, suitable for left and right-handed gamers alike; this is sounding like an ideal rodent for almost any gamer.
But will it stand up the rigorous standards to required to claim the prestigious RageQuitters Legendary award?
Let’s find out…
Latest posts by TerminatorUK (see all)
- Tyranids Hive Fleet Dragur Ripper Swarms (Black and White Tyranids) | Ragequitters.co.uk - 19th April 2021
- Tyranids Hive Fleet Dragur Screamer Killer Carnifex (Black and White Tyranids) | Ragequitters.co.uk - 19th April 2021
- Tyranids Hive Fleet Dragur Carnifex (Black and White Tyranids) | Ragequitters.co.uk - 19th April 2021