Conclusion and Rating
Before concluding and scoring the review, I would like to take the opportunity to again extend a massive thank you to Razer for providing us with a review sample of this excellent high-quality gaming mouse mat so that we could provide you with this article.
I love how Razer has really gone ‘back to basics’. On face value, this mat looks like the marketing department’s nightmare – a sleek box is pretty much the limit of ‘shininess’ as the look is exceptionally plain here – no special pattern, RGB lighting or anything noteworthy – in fact looking at the price and some of the pictures you might think that Razer was smoking something that you wish you had access to.
However, I can say from first-hand experience this couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, I absolutely love how gimmick-free this pad is and how technically proficient it is – it is very obvious that all the efforts went into how it performs.
I can genuinely say hand-on-heart that this is the best cloth mat I’ve ever had the pleasure of using – it has all the advantages of a cloth mouse mat (control) with none of the negatives (lack of speed, drifting) that I would normally associate with one.
Razer really got the edge, weave and thickness spot on this time – as an ultra-low sensitivity gamer (450 DPI) I felt that the pad seemed to have a perfect glide, control and deceleration that felt instantly intuitive to use with very little muscle memory adjustment required – I felt right at home straight away.
Please remember, however, that gaming peripherals are a very personal thing and these experiences will not represent every gamer and, like the majority gaming setups, you get used to it over time and your muscle memory adapts – over the course of several months you are unlikely to notice the difference.
So coming to the bottom line, if you are looking for a very high-quality cloth mouse ‘gaming surface’ to cover your entire desk with huge area for low-sensitivity, large swipes and zero compromises – this product has definitely has got your back.
The summary of our findings are as below:
- Colossal! This mat will consume your entire desk and then some of the next one…
- Outstanding performance – truly the best-in-class cloth mouse mat with near perfect speed and control
- No drifting or deceleration issues associated with the original and other cloth mouse mats
- High-quality rubberised backing ensures full grip during play sessions
- Superb comfort – the optimised thickness still acts as a wrist rest over prolonged gaming sessions
- At around £49.99 at most e-tailers, this is an expensive mouse mat. Hunt around or use our affiliate link below (we’ll love you for it!) to find the best price
- Lack of Razer Synaspe v2 or v3 pre-configured calibration for the Razer Gigantus 3XL was disappointing
- The 90 degree edge doesn’t enhance your comfort and with signs of fraying on the review sample after 2 weeks, there are some concerns for its durability over the long term
Latest posts by TerminatorUK (see all)
- Tyranids Hive Fleet Dragur (Black and White Tyranids) – Progress Update October 2020 | Ragequitters.co.uk - 8th October 2020
- Tyranids Hive Fleet Dragur Genestealers (Black and White Tyranids) | Ragequitters.co.uk - 8th October 2020
- Tyranids Hive Fleet Dragur Termagants (Black and White Tyranids) | Ragequitters.co.uk - 8th October 2020