Conclusion and Rating
Before concluding and scoring the review, I would like to take the opportunity to again extend a massive thank you to Razer for providing us with a review sample of this excellent high-quality gaming mouse mat so that we could provide you with this article.
Once again, Razer has again proven that it is not afraid to push the envelope in different form factors and look into areas which have not yet been served – a cloth mouse mat catering for both speed and sensitivity markets is no easy task.
In terms of quality, comfort and consistency – this is one of the most accomplished attempts at creating a mouse mat which caters for every type of gamer in the market for a cloth mouse mat.
However, the experience for me wasn’t all plain sailing. Although extremely smooth, I did feel for me as an ultra-low sensitivity gamer (450 DPI) that the pad seemed to have a strange deceleration that caused my aim to miss somewhat compared to other pads I have used in the past. I believe part of this can be attributed to the additional thickness that a 5mm pad brings over the usual 3mm that seems to ‘absorb’ additional energy from your mouse movement faster than one would expect when lining up the last few millimetres of a precision shot.
Please remember, however, that gaming peripherals are a very personal thing and these experiences will not represent every gamer and, like the majority gaming setups, you get used to it over time and your muscle memory adapts – over the course of several months you are unlikely to notice the difference.
So coming to the bottom line, if you are looking for a very high-quality cloth mouse mat with a massive gaming area for low-sensitivity (ish) and large swipes – this product has definitely has got your back.
The summary of our findings are as below:
- Excellent, large, high-quality cloth mouse mat
- Outstanding machining, edging and attention to detail
- High-quality rubberised backing ensures full grip during play sessions
- Superb comfort – the thickness acts as a wrist rest as well as the edging ensures no abrasion to your wrist over prolonged gaming sessions
- At around £29.99 at most e-tailers, this is an expensive mouse mat. Hunt around or use our affiliate link below (we’ll love you for it!) to find the best price
- Almost ‘too big’ – the large height as well as width takes up a massive amount of desk space. Unless you rest the keyboard on top of the pad, you may find your keyboard / mouse being uncomfortably far apart
- Very thick pad with dense weave – although this gives the pad a lot of quality, it also provides an unexpected level of deceleration making minor adjustments feel less natural overall
- Lack of Razer Synaspe pre-configured calibration for the Razer Gigantus was disappointing
Latest posts by TerminatorUK (see all)
- Razer Basilisk Review | Ragequitters.co.uk - 10th July 2018
- E-Win Champion Series CPH Gaming Chair Review | Ragequitters.co.uk - 8th July 2018
- Razer Lancehead Review | Ragequitters.co.uk - 30th November 2017