- 1. Introduction to the Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2
- 2. Razer Mechanical Keyboard Switches – the story so far…
- 3. Introducing the all-new Razer ‘Yellow’ Linear / Silent switch
- 4. Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2 improvements
- 5. Unboxing and Appearance
- 6. Synapse 2.0 Software
- 7. Performance and typing experience
- 8. Conclusion and Rating
Introduction to the Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2
After popping our mechanical keyboard ‘Cherry’ (Cherry MX pun intended!) with the Razer BlackWidow X Chroma, we would classify ourselves here at RageQuitters as having an intermediate-level of knowledge in this area after undergoing a bit of a history lesson whilst reviewing the keyboard.
However, did this venture into this arena sate our desire for the ‘perfect’ mechanical keyboard that has no need for improvement?
Did it hell! Instead it opened the flood gates for us that there is a whole world of choice out there just waiting to replace your bog-standard, generic cheap membrane keyboard.
Enter Razer’s latest entry into the mechanical keyboard arena – the Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2 which has the following ‘new’ features:
- Razer™ Mechanical Switches with 50g actuation force
- 80 million keystroke life span
- Chroma backlighting with 16.8 million customizable colour options
- Razer Synapse enabled
- 10 key roll-over anti-ghosting
- Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
- 5 additional dedicated macro keys
- Gaming mode option
- Audio-out/mic-in jacks
- USB pass-through
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling
- Braided fibre cable
- Approximate size: 475mm/18.72 in (Width) x 171mm/6.74 in (Height) x 39mm/1.54 in (Depth)
- Approximate weight: 1500g/3.31lbs
We say ‘new’ in inverted commas as the majority of these features (taken from the official product page) are actually identical to the Razer BlackWidow Chroma v1, so it might come as a bit of a surprise that we believe that the launch of this product heralds in a sort of ‘renaissance period’ for the venerable Razer BlackWidow linage.
But what make’s us feel this way?
Let’s find out…5
Latest posts by TerminatorUK (see all)
- Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Review | Ragequitters.co.uk - 11th June 2017
- Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 Review | Ragequitters.co.uk - 9th April 2017
- Razer Gigantus Mousemat Review | RageQuitters.co.uk - 24th January 2017