Conclusion and Rating
So after spending some time with the Razer Seiren Pro microphone we have come to the following conclusions.
This is a beautiful, well made microphone using very high quality capsule microphones and some really useful features and settings right on the device itself. The audio quality is fantastic and flexibility offered by the XLR output and 4 polar settings are great additions. The High-Pass Filter feature while did it’s job to an extent, we did expect a little more from this despite the noisy ambient sound in our recording environment. Though we are confident that in a quieter environment this feature would prove its claims.
The Mic gain and Polar pattern dials can be difficult to control during recording due to their placement at the rear of the microphone. These could have been more useful placed up front.
We found the mic gain dial is better to be left at 100% at all times and controlled within our audio recording software though that is just our personal preference.
What we liked
- Solid build quality
- Stunning Looks
- Braided USB cable
- XLR Output option
What we didn’t like
- Lack of illuminated Razer Logo
- Mic gain and Polar pattern dials placement
- Some issues installing the Razer Synapse software
- Lacks options in the Razer Synapse software
- Lack of an included Pop Filter (This is available as an optional extra or as a bundle with the shock mount)
Latest posts by themutsnuts (see all)
- Razer Tiamat 7.1 v2 Gaming Headset Review - 20th February 2018
- RAGEQUITTERS HARDWARE REVIEW | RAZER MAN O’ War 7.1 SURROUND SOUND GAMING HEADSET - 7th February 2017
- Ragequitters Most Anticipated PC Games of 2017 - 22nd January 2017