RageQuitters Plays: Killing Floor 2: Tactical Response Update
Get ready to breach and clear with the KF2 SWAT perk! Armed with flashbang grenades and a variety of submachineguns, the SWAT perk is ready to keep the Zeds pinned down with a storm of lead. We take a look at the latest update for Tripwire’s venerable shooter, Killing Floor 2. Bullets, Blood and Blades. Bring it!
SWAT perk skills allow you to either be an armor wearing juggernaut or a fast moving dealer of precision death, but in all cases the SWAT perk is in the thick of the action.
The SWAT perk’s weapons are fast firing submachineguns that can chew through Zeds like a woodchipper through…Zeds. The SWAT perk’s grenade is a flashbang grenade that does limited damage but has a high chance of stunning Zeds caught in its blast.
- Flashbang Grenade
- Tactical Knife
- MP7 SMG
- MP5RAS SMG
- P90 SMG
- Kriss Vector SMG
New Map (Winner of the KF2 Grindhouse Mapping Contest – click here for other winners and runners up)
- Infernal Realm
- MP7 SMG
- Damage reduced to 16 (was 20)
- Mag size decreased to 30 (was 40)
- Ammo cost per mag reduced to 16 (was 26)
- MP5RAS SMG
- Damage increased to 25 (was 22)
- Mag size increased to 40 (was 30)
- Ammo cost increased to 33 (was 22)
- Total ammo reduced to 360 (was 390)
Swat Perk changes
- Removed Dosh assist bonus. This is not needed anymore due to the passive damage bonus now working.
- Close Combat Training skill – Changed damage increase to 110% to match Commandoâ€™s Fallback skill.
- Double-barrel Boomstick
- Reload speed increased to 0.8 (was 2.0)
- Elite reload speed increased to 0.57 (was 1.4)
Support Perk changes
- Passive ammo skill now gives 25% more ammo (was 50%)
- Winchester 1894
- Damage reduced to 80 (was 105)
- Base fire rate increased 0.45 (was 0.75)
- Refined iron sight shoot animations to have less movement.
- Reload speed increased 20% for both regular and elite reloads
- Ammo size increase to 12 (was 10)
- Total ammo increased to 96 (was 70)
- Ammo cost per mag increased to 32 (was 30)
- Gun Hit Power reduced to 80 (was 100)
- Stun Power reduced to 20 (was 25)
- Reload speed increased to 1.1 (was 1.4)
- Elite reload speed increased to 0.54 (was 0.65)
- M14 EBR
- Damage increased to 90 (was 75)
- Rate of fire reduced to 0.22 (was 0.2)
- Stun power increased to 15 (was 8)
- Gun Hit power increased to 80 (was 50)
- Max ammo count reduced to 140 (was 180)
- Ammo cost per mag increased to 60 (was 40)
- Reload speed increased by 15%
- Dual 1858 Remington Revolvers
- Reload speed increased to 2.8 (was 3.6)
- Elite reload speed increased to 1.86 (was 3.1)
Gunslinger Perk changes
- Quickdraw skill now has 50% reduction in hip recoil. (was Zero Recoil before)
- Knockdown power added to hard, light, and explosive attacks.
- More vulnerable to damage from following weapon types
- Sub Machine Gun increased to 1.0 (was 0.75)
- Assault Rifle increased to 1.0 (was 0.75)
- Handgun increased to 1.0 (was 0.7)
- Rifle increased to 1.0 (was 0.75)
- Slashing increased to 1.0 (was 0.75)
- Blunt increased to 1.0 (was 0.85)
- Explosive increased to 0.85 (was 0.6)
- Max Scream Range decreased to 900 (was 920)
- Scream Damage Frequency decreased to 0.5 (was 1.0) how often scream damage happens
- Scream Damage decreased to 15 (was 18)
- Scream Animation speed increased by 60%.
- Scream Protective Shield time increased to 2.2 seconds (was 1 second)
The goal is to make the siren more of a glass cannon so she’s go down quicker now and scream a little less often but the damage from the scream is higher.
- In suicidal, if bloat explodes 3 bloat mines spawn (was 2).
- Evade speed reduced 15%
- Frenzy attack damage reduced 30%
- Special Crawler
- Special crawlers will now not explode upon death if a player manages to blow their head off first
You can find the entire changelog on Tripwire’s forum here. Enjoy!0
Latest posts by gregs2k2 (see all)
- Asus ROG Swift PG279Q Gaming Monitor – RageQuitters Hardware Video Review - 17th July 2017
- Dell S2417DG Gsync Gaming Monitor – RageQuitters Hardware Review - 2nd July 2017
- Rising Storm 2: Vietnam – RageQuitters Video Review - 26th June 2017