Turns out that Blizzard know a good thing when they see it, and how crazy the Asians are for all things shiny. They will spend an absolute shed-load of real cash to get the very best items in game. Crazy. Quote from Blizzard’s forum:
Development for patch 2.2.0 has been underway for some time and we’ll be launching the PTR shortly. We’ve got great quality of life changes and new content coming in our next patch, and we’ll have even more details to share in the near future.
In the meantime, some new features may start to show up in data mined information for patch 2.2.0 that will not apply to all regions. Specifically, the following features will not apply to the Americas:
- A new currency called “Platinum”
- Timed experience boosts
- New cosmetic items including wings, non-combat pets, and character portraits
- References to stash space and character slot expansions
- A new UI interface that references the above information
While the above features will not apply to this region, players will still benefit from some of the quality of life perks tied to these additions, such as a streamlined UI for selecting cosmetic benefits like pets and Collector’s Edition wings.
We recognize that many players have expressed an interest in microtransactions being added to Diablo III. While we may explore this model in some regions, we have no immediate plans to implement such purchases or the aforementioned features anytime soon for the Americas region.
You can bet your arse that Micro-transactions will return to Diablo III and why not, people are obviously happy to pay for the good stuff.
Latest posts by gregs2k2 (see all)
- RageQuitters Reviews – Razer Blackwidow V3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - 15th March 2021
- Doom Eternal PC Video Review - 3rd April 2020
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU Review – Real Rig Upgrade - 1st August 2019