Fellow PS4 owners, the time for you to experience the uber that is Killing Floor 2 is drawing closer. How close? We don’t know, we only know the release is penned for “2016” – shameless copy/paste of Press Release follows:
Deep Silver are pleased to announce their collaboration with Tripwire Interactive and Iceberg Interactive to publish the retail version of KILLING FLOOR 2 globally, for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. The second instalment of the sci-fi horror first person shooter is scheduled for release in 2016.
KILLING FLOOR 2 places the gamer into continental Europe, about one month after the original KILLING FLOOR trials. Now the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has gained relentless momentum, essentially paralysing the European Union — with all being methodically obliterated: communications, governments, and military forces alike, it is now up to a group of civilians, who have not yet given up hope to combat the outbreak and establish privately funded operation bases across Europe.
New elements to KILLING FLOOR 2 are an enhanced level of carnage, with the visceral gore ramped up though a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system. As well as terrifying Zeds – novel enemies and fan favourites return with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence. Six player co-op or solo play is available, together with a unique blend of weaponry. An expanded perk system – with perks from the original game having been re-imagined, and further brutal melee combat – reinventing the melee combat completely, make for a blood-splattered gaming experience.
· Visceral Gore – KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
· Six player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
· Terrifying Zeds – New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
· Unique Blend Of Weaponry – From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
· Expanded Perk System – Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
· Brutal Melee Combat – KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
So there you have it. It’s coming. Let’s hope Tripwire can sustain 1080/60 on Sony’s angular black box. You can check out Killing Floor 2’s current status and more information on the official website.